SculpSure Long Island NY
What Is SculpSure?
SculpSure is a non-invasive body contouring system for the reduction of stubborn fat in areas such as the abdomen and love handles (otherwise known as “flanks”).This 25 minute procedure destroys up to 24% of treated fat cells without surgery!
Other areas of the body can be treated; these areas are pending FDA approval.
Is SculpSure right for me?
SculpSure is ideal for people with trouble spots, particularly those that seem resistant to diet and exercise.
A Lunch Break Procedure
When it becomes impossible to find time to remove that stubborn fat, SculpSure is the answer. In just 25 minutes, we can treat an entire abdomen, or both love handles!
Most patients describe a mild warm sensation during the treatment. Permanent results come in 8-12 weeks as your body clears the fat from the treated areas. A great noninvasive solution before your big day.
How many treatments will I need?
Most patients see results with as little as one treatment! However, you may wish to have additional treatments based on your individual desired results and recommendations from your Doctor. For a more definitive treatment plan, please schedule your personal consultation by calling us at 516-496-2122
What should I expect during the treatment?
Most patients feel a tingling, warm sensation intermittently throughout the treatment; coupled with a “cool blast” these treatments are tolerated quite well by the majority of our patients. And remember – it’s only 25 minutes!
When will I see results?
Many patients begin seeing results as early as six weeks following their first treatment as the body begins to evacuate the destroyed fat cells; optimal results at 12 weeks.
How long will the results last?
Treated fat cells are PERMANENTLY destroyed during the treatment and will not regenerate.
How long before I can resume normal activities?
There is NO DOWNTIME with SculpSure, so you can have the treatment and return to your regular schedule immediately
What is the difference between fat loss and weight loss?
The number of fat cells stored in our bodies typically remain constant throughout our adult lives. After the SculpSure treatment, the destroyed fat cells will never return. As we lose weight, the size of fat cells become smaller but do not decrease in number. Even with diet and exercise, there are those that may have difficulty losing weight in troubled areas.
What is the difference between SculpSure and Cool Sculpt?
- Time- Sculpsure is 25 minutes for one area, Coolsculpting is 50 minutes. Take the flanks (love handles) as an example- you can treat both flanks in one 25 minute session with Sculpsure. Because of the design of Coolsculpting, you would have to treat each flank separately at 50 minutes each. So, 25 minutes vs 100 minutes.
- Pain- not uncommon after Coolsculpting, oftentimes prescription pain medications are provided. With SculpSure, there is mild and manageable discomfort during the treatment. Post-treatment, the treated area feels similar to the after-effects of a vigorous workout.
- Downtime- you can literally get up from your SculpSure treatment and go right on to the next event in your day, whether that is the gym, work or a special event. Zero downtime. After Coolsculpting, there is a risk of swelling, bruising and other side affects.
- Numbness- Coolsculpting uses a suction applicator. Anything that gets sucked in gets frozen, including nerves. This causes numbness in the treated areas. In most patients this resolves with time, but can prove an inconvenience. SculpSure uses laser energy at 1060nm and only targets fat cells. Nerves, vessels, and skin are not affected.
- Shelving or “Shark Bite”- Because of the suction applicator, some patients see a sharp demarcation from the treated and untreated areas with Coolsculpting. This leaves and area that many people say looks like a shark took a bit out of their tissue. Sculpsure uses an applicator head that sits on top of the skin and does not use suction. The heat from the laser spreads out beyond the applicator head to allow for better blending between treated and non treated areas.